“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” When Benjamin Franklin said that in the 1730s he meant fire safety. But like all timeless quotes, it applies to many more aspects of modern life. At Crystal Dental Group in High Point, we apply it to dental health.
Keeping your smile beautiful and healthy is done most effectively with preventative measures. Some essential guidelines are highlighted here.
- Make a habit of brushing your teeth. Do it twice a day for 2 minutes. Be sure to use an ADA approved toothpaste and toothbrush.
- Don’t forget the floss! Flossing between your teeth daily will do wonders for your teeth and keep your gums healthy too.
- Wear a protective mouthguard when joining in an activity where your mouth could possibly be damaged.
- Don’t smoke. As if you needed yet another reason not to!
- Avoid piercing your lips, tongue, cheek, or any other part of your mouth that someone decided you should shove a metal bar through. Piercings put you at greater risk for chipped teeth, infection and nerve damage. It’s a perilous fashion that you’ll want to avoid.
- Avoid snacks that have a lot of sugar or starch.
- Schedule regular dental visits, of course!
At Crystal Dental Group in High Point we want all our patients to enjoy healthy teeth and gums. The best way to have that is with prevention. Our services include general and cosmetic dentistry, and children’s dentistry. Call us to schedule your next cleaning and checkup today!
Contact Crystal Dental Group:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):