Have a Tooth Pulled in High Point
When visiting our office at Crystal Dental Group, we want you to feel comfortable and welcome. We want you to know we care about your health, and that you smile is in good hands!
If you are suffering from severe tooth pain, call our office today to schedule an appointment. We will do everything we can to save your tooth and help you get back to a pain-free life. Occasionally, our patients might need to have a tooth extracted.
What Can I Expect With A Tooth Extraction?
When a tooth needs to be taken out, we’ll make sure you’re as comfortable and relaxed as possible during your visit. We will administer anesthesia so your procedure will be quick and painless. Our dentist will also give you some instructions on how to take care of your mouth while your gums heal.
You should be aware of the following after a tooth extraction:
- A small amount of bleeding is normal and healthy.
- Use a cold compress against the affected area to reduce swelling.
- We will recommend pain medication based on your specific circumstance.
- Avoid any tobacco products for at least 48 hours.
- Don’t drink through a straw for a few days.
- Although you should brush and floss as usual, don’t clean the area directly around the socket.
- Once you feel like eating, start with liquids and soft foods.
Following these instructions will help prevent dry socket, which happens when the clot is loosened and exposes the bone to the air. Dry socket can be painful, and if this does happen to you, let us know so we can recommend treatment.
If you have a concern about any of your teeth, contact us right away to schedule a consultation. We can help you get the treatment you need in a caring, compassionate environment. We also offer solutions to fill in any gaps in your teeth, including dental bridges and dental implants.
Call Our Office For More Information
Don’t hesitate to take care of a dental problem! We can get you on the road to recovery as soon as you schedule an appointment with our Crystal Dental Group. Call us today if you are in the High Point – Jamestown area!